MGM is proud to announce the launch of its MGM Cancer Clinic for Comprehensive Cancer Care.
The Motto for treating our patient is ensuring their complete Physical, Mental, and Psychological well-being and offering a good quality of life.
Cancer is one of the most dreadful diseases today and is considered to be one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality worldwide,
but there is hope. We need to understand cancer, its types and classification, its effects, methods of diagnosis, and modalities of cancer treatment available.
We need to overcome the fear attached to this disease as not all cancers are fatal; many cancers are treatable if detected in early stages.
Cancers are due to multifactorial causes; there are certain predisposing factors,
hereditary factors, genetic factors and life style factors.Regular checkups and early diagnosis is the key in effective prevention and treatment of Cancer.
Our Department of Oncology in MGM Hospital is expanding itself to be one of the leading Cancer Centers in Navi Mumbai.
Highly skilled and eminent Medical & Surgical oncologists and hematologist with wide experience are available to treat cancers of all specialties including rare cancers.
- A. Screening of Cancer
Screening consists of several tests including Clinical examination, Ultrasonography, Mammography, PAP smear, X-ray, 3
Tesla MRI, tumor markers. We educate and promote reduction of risks of cancers through initial and ongoing assessments for
individual with high risk of cancer include familial, genetic cancers, and those with predisposing factors like tobacco and alcohol abuse.
Genetic Screening available for hematologic malignancies, patients with significant family history, and prenatal diagnosis with genetic counseling.
- B. Surgical Oncology
- Breast Cancer.
- Thyroid and Neck Cancer.
- Gastric and Colorectal Cancer.
- Prostate, Kidney and Urinary bladder Cancer.
- Soft Tissue and Sarcoma.
- Onco plastic Surgery.
- Organ Preservation Surgery(Breast conservation, Mandible preservation, Kidney preservation Nephron Sparing Surgery).
- C. Medical Oncology/Hematological cancers
- Chemotherapy for all solid tumors (breasts, lungs, ovary etc.).
- Medical management of Hematological malignancies like lymphoma leukemia, and myeloma.
- Medical management of Benign Blood diseases like thalassemia, anemia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, aplastic anemia,
thrombophilia and bleeding disorders.
- Trained specialist chemotherapy nursing staff.
- Bone marrow aspiration biopsy, intrathecal chemotherapy.
- Chemo port insertion and maintenance.
- Autologous bone marrow transplant.
- G. Comprehensive Cancer Care
- Counseling of Patient.
- Follow up of Cancer Patient.
- Supportive care to patient’s family by addressing the impact of cancer and its treatment.
- Interventional Radiology.
- 1st Hospital to perform Robotic surgery in Navi Mumbai - Thane District.
- Customized Screening programs for Cancer Detection .
- Genetic Screening available for hematologic malignancies, patients with significant family history,
and prenatal diagnosis with genetic counseling .
- Dedicated Chemotherapy ward with trained sisters for intensive chemotherapy and Chemo port management..
- NABH accredited laboratory, Histopathology Department and provisions for Interventional Radiology..
Technology & Infrastructure
MGM Oncology Team is amongst the finest specialists in Cancer Care. They are enriched with remarkable experience & expertise and at
the same time well versed with the new cutting-edge Oncology treatments like Robotic Surgery. The diagnostic systems at MGM are sophisticated like 3
Tesla MRI, NABL accredited Laboratory. The oncology groups and imaging facility at the hospitals
offer the most economic and effective ways to diagnose cancer. We also have state-of-the-art chemotherapy unit, best in class OT complex.
There is provision for interventional Radiology. We are also proud to announce that we are one of the first hospitals in
Navi Mumbai to offer the highly advanced minimal invasive da Vinci Robotic Surgery. We are equipped with Chemo Port Nursing Care and Trained specialist
Chemotherapy nurses. We are up-to-date
with trends and updates within these fields including pharmaceuticals, the latest in cancer research and treatment options, and best practices to optimize outcomes.
- Robotic Surgery Specific Advantages
- Excellent vision;
- 3x10 magnification (minute blood vessels nerves seen better).
- Less chance of nerve and blood vessel damage, leading to minimal blood loss and post-operative pain.
- Easier & precise suturing under vision.
- Fewer complications.
- Less pain.
- Smaller incisions for minimal scarring.
- Reduced length of hospital stays, .
- Faster return to normal activity.
Cancer is uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells
anywhere in the body (blood, brain, bone, stomach, Skin or any organ) and many of these
abnormal cells are capable of invading other tissues.
The most common sites of cancer among men in India are lung, head & neck, prostate, colon, rectum, stomach and liver.
The most common sites of cancer among women are breast, cervix, ovary, head & neck, and colo-rectum.
Screening can picks up disease at an EARLY STAGE and early diagnosis is the key in effective prevention and treatment of Cancer.
The first thing you should do is contact your family physician or the physician who diagnosed your cancer and get a recommendation for an oncologist.
Often a surgeon and medical oncologist are the first physicians you will need to meet with to determine the best course of treatment. Radiation oncologists
will be referred to you from either the surgeon, medical oncologist, or both if radiation
is indicated as part of your treatment plan. If you do not have a physician, MGM Hospital can assist you in finding the physicians you need to receive optimal care.
Side effects differ from person to person and will depend on the area of the body that is being treated
with radiation or the type of drug being infused for chemotherapy. Our therapy and nursing team will discuss
the side effects and how you can manage them before, during, and after your radiation treatment.
We also have a support team that includes a dietitian who specializes in oncology nutrition.